Friday, August 9, 2013

The Ish of Now

Current state of the union in the life of one AMZ (that's me, in case clarification was required...)
1. Unpacking. Last night I managed to dig my way through four boxes of spices and two of seashells, gently unpacking them and placing them in a bowl so they would stay intact for my poor mother. A note about our seashells in the hope that we don't get arrested- other heartless members of my family (AKA everyone except for your's truly) catches the shells live, resulting in a long process of boiling and cleaning out the shells to rid them of the innocent small creatures that up until that fateful point in their small and quiet lives had lived peacefully. The point of the matter is that the shells still smelled terribly even after such a thorough, or I suppose questionably NOT thorough, process. I had to Febreeze the heck out of those buggers. 
2. Bows. Today was the first day that I donned my brand new bow that my darling boyfriend gifted to me for my half-birthday in June. (Major points for him for the half-birthday gift, period <3) It was darling, and I felt so hipster with my bunny sweater and teal bow. I believe I need more. 
3. Cheese and Alcohol. My late-night snack consisted of brie and Chardonnay. Classy, right? I'm starting to feel the wine kick in just a tad. 
4. Fleet Foxes. Kill me for loving their music. It's so very... ballad-like. I don't actually legally acquire my music, so my playlist is limited but I'm really enjoying Your Protector right now. I totally get that they're out of Washington, but if I could see them or even Mumford and Sons in Ireland, my life would be made. Considering the current state of my life, that would be a real possibility too (EEP!!!)
5. Russia. I'm really rooting for this one as our destination next summer. A cruise in the Baltic, a stop in St. Petersburg, and hoping that one of my best friends can magically save enough money if quitting college is the price to pay for coming with me. 
6. Apple TV. My saving grace and the reason why I have wifi in two rooms in our house. I'm stealing it from downstairs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment